Here are several reasons why protein is beneficial to your Pilates workout in Kansas City:
- Protein promotes growth- this is especially important for children, teens and pregnant women.
- Protein assists in tissue repair- recovery is just as essential as the workout itself!
- Protein helps to boost immune function.
- Protein make essential hormones and enzymes- proper hormone and enzyme balance in relation to your workouts can help you burn more fat!
- Protein provides energy when carbohydrates aren’t available.
- Protein helps preserve lean muscle mass- that’s what many of us are in search of…long, lean, muscles.
What happens in your body when you eat protein?
When we eat protein, our body breaks it down into amino acids. There are two main forms of amino acids: essential and nonessential. Essential amino acids are ones that we can only get from our diet. Protein that comes from animals contain all the amino acids that our bodies need. Proteins from plants provide partial amino acids. Nonessential amino acids are ones that our body can produce itself.
What are the most healthy ways to incorporate protein into your diet?
Protein is found in meats, poultry, fish, meat substitutes, cheese, milk, nuts, legumes, and in smaller quantities in starchy foods and vegetables.