Why? Because next to the skin, the liver is the largest organ in the body. In many ways, it is the most important organ in the body, and the last to be considered when it comes to health.
In addition to being large, the liver is also a complicated organ involved in at least 200 separate functions. Generally speaking, the liver performs a vital role in regulating, synthesizing, storing, secreting, transforming, and breaking down many different substances in the body. This has profound effects on our health and potential for disease.
Specifically, some of these include:
- Regulation of fat stores
- Cleansing the blood and discharging waste products
- Neutralizing and destroying poisons
- Protein metabolism, including manufacturing of new body proteins
- Metabolizing alcohol
- Managing chemicals and drugs in the blood
- Aiding the digestive process by the production of bile
- Helping the body resist infections by producing immune factors and by removing
bacteria from the blood stream
- Storing vitamins, minerals, and sugars
- Production of quick energy when needed
- Controlling the production and excretion of cholesterol
- Maintaining hormone balance
- Regenerating its own damaged tissue
- What foods and lifestyle choices harm and compromise your liver
- The symptoms of liver dysfunction and your personal liver function via testing
- What you can do to heal and restore proper liver function
- What foods are best for detoxifying and restoring your liver
- Strategies for continuing clean eating habits after the cleanse
This workshop is Free but we will be taking registrations for our upcoming 10 Day Liver Detox that day.